Set Digital Marketing Goals to Enhance Customer Base
Set digital marketing goals, draw attention to more traffic, grab the opportunity of generating more leads and grow your business. This is a simple yet the most effective formula behind the success of any business on a digital platform.
Come let us have a solid understanding on digital marketing and the digital marketing goals so that you can grow your business smoothly.
– Digital Marketing
Digital marketing is an appealing, self-explanatory online marketing done via digital tools to grab the attention of audiences on online platforms.
– Digital Marketing Goals
Digital marketing goals are something that makes it clear for you the intention behind adopting digital marketing and what steps to be taken to achieve those set goals. It is a tool guiding your entire marketing activities as well as daily work. Until and unless you set digital marketing goals, you have no idea in which direction to move. Basically, you are directionless. You might put in your efforts in the wrong tactics and end up without having any good results. You fail to achieve your set business objectives.
For instance, without any objective, you are posting ads on social media pages. You definitely get thousands of likes. But, have you wondered, are you attaining success through those likes? No, definitely you are not.
Hence, know your goal. If you aim at converting the audiences into followers and then into your customers (which is certainly an objective), then create content that will attract them. Through those social media content, you can drive heavy traffic towards your website and convert your followers into your customers.
On achieving your set digital marketing goals, reaching business objectives becomes easy. The overall sales graph of your business elevates, and you get a chance to boost your brand awareness. Another advantage of setting marketing goals is you motivate your team members and workforce to achieve better results and heighten your business success.
– What To Do Before Setting Digital Marketing Goals?
As a business owner, it must be your priority to set your marketing goals. With digital marketing goals, you can underpin all your marketing strategies. By doing so, you get actionable, clear, and feasible metrics and you move in the right direction. Prior to setting your digital marketing goals, you need to know about the below-mentioned points –
- Brand’s Environment – By the term environment over here, the situation of the current market is meant including competitor and customer analysis.
- Objectives To Be Achieved – Business objectives must always be clear so that you can step ahead in the right direction.
- Strategies – The strategies through which your digital marketing goals can be achieved.
- How To Measure the Action Results –You will have to figure out in advance how you will measure the action results.
– Significant Digital Marketing Goals
Now, let us learn about the digital marketing goals in detail.
· Website Traffic
Website is the best online medium through which you can learn everything about a particular company. Website makes you present everywhere where your potential customers are. Through it you can promote your content digitally, can promote your brand digitally and build trust among your potential customers. Hence, the very first goal of your digital marketing should be to increase website traffic.
Below are some of the ways through which website traffic can be increased:
- Email Marketing – Using the email from the subscribers’ list, you can share your content, engage with subscribed customers and generate heavy traffic towards your website.
- Blog – By posting relevant and trending content, you give a reason to your customers that why they should keep visiting your website.
- Social Media –It is a great idea to share your content on your company’s social media page. This will help you in generating referral traffic.
- On-Page SEO – Good website rank can be attained by implying On-Page SEO strategy that includes URL, titles, superb content, easy-to-understand Meta description, and formatting.
· Converting website traffic into permanent leads
Bringing traffic to your website is a very important task. Once you have met this goal, it’s time to turn that traffic into leads. As it is a known fact that not more than 10% of your website visitors will take an action like requesting more details or an appointment or filling out the form.
Hence, as soon as an ideal visitor views your website, showcase everything about your company in 10 seconds because a visitor never stays on a website for more than 10 seconds if he doesn’t find it interesting. Within those 10 seconds, you will have to convince them so that they take instant action.
Here your goal is to post optimized content and ensure that the website features and the layout are also optimized so that your visitors can be converted into leads.
· Enhance Conversion Rate
Through conversion rate, you know how many visitors got converted into your customers. It is a rate derived by dividing the total figure of new customers by the total figure of visitors.
The conversion rate can be measured by submissions of website forms, e-commerce sales, webinar registrations, etc.
Below are a few ways through which you can increase the conversion rate:
- Install CrazyEgg or Hotjar – These tools are very useful as via these tools user behaviors can be tracked and analyzed, hot zones can be traced out, interaction rates and reasons for drop-off can also be known.
- Use Behaviour Report – With this you can know about which pages of your website engages people more, poorly performing pages, overall content demand, and bounce rate.
- A/B Testing – Through A/B testing, variables like layouts, colors, CTAs, elements, and many others can be easily tested. The variable delivering the best results can also be identified.
- Execute Sales Funnel – Many times it happens that an audience expects something else and something else is offered by the website. Hence, you need to identify the requirements of your website visitors. Offer them the right content to enhance your business conversion rate.
· Increase Revenue
Acquiring new customers and leads is time-consuming as well as expensive too. You have to do so many things to convert that website traffic into leads. Hence, make sure that you create digital marketing campaigns so that you can clutch your new leads’ attention and sell more services and products to them. There are a lot many ways through which you can increase your revenue via digital marketing, and they are:
- Website & SEO – It is very essential for every business to have its web presence. A website is the most common tool to nail your web presence and to engage with your customers. Websites optimized by SEO helps in increasing your brand visibility, driving more traffic, and boosting brand awareness.
- GoogleMyBusiness – This is very essential if you run a brick-and-mortar store. Through this, your leads can locate your store, derive business information, read your business reviews, etc.
- Lead Nurturing –Cold leads need to be nurtured via automated emails, personalized content, and newsletters. Marketing automation tools like HubSpot and Marketo can be used in such cases.
· Increase Rate of Customer Retention
You should know very well whether you are really succeeding in retaining your existing customers. You should also analyze the retention rate. Other than this, you should make efforts to increase the rate of customer retention.
It is a very daunting task to acquire a new lead and convert them into permanent ones. With the retention rate, you can ascertain the number of customers associated with your business and are repeatedly shopping for your products.
Below are a few ways through which you can retain customers:
- CRM System – This system helps you in building a strong relationship with your customers. Using this system you can send regularly personalized content, take immediate action on the customer inquiries and provide them exceptional services to boost loyalty and brand affinity.
- Loyalty Program –You can provide offers, benefits, and perks to your repeated and loyal customers. You can grant them an opportunity to win gifts, earn points, etc. By doing so, you re-engage your existing customers.
- Social Proof – You can share your customer reviews on social platforms as proof of how good your products and service are. You can ask your existing and loyal customers to post a positive review on your social page in return for offers and discounts.
Certainly, you have found out how imperative it is to set digital marketing goals to make your business flourish and be successful. Doing something without goals seems like you are just experimenting with a hope that might be this experiment works. In reality, this is not going to work for long and you will end up losing your existing customers.
With clear goals, you get motivated and push yourself to accomplish those goals. This is the sign of attaining success in no time. Goals with solid action plans enable you as well as your entire workforce to move in the right direction.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Ankit Patel is a Sales/Marketing Head at XongoLab Technologies LLP and PeppyOcean! As a hobby, He loves to write articles about technology, marketing, business, web, and mobile. His articles featured on Datafloq, JaxEnter, TechTarget, eLearninggAdobe, DesignWebKit, InstantShift, and many more.