A recognizable and beloved brand is one of the most valuable assets owned by the company. A brand is a way your client perceives you.
Creating and promoting a brand is a complex process. But the hard work of the creator of the company and the team of marketers helps to build long-term relationships with customers.
Branding services – it’s something more than just developing a cool logo or the right placement of advertising. Stages of branding – as the process of building a house. Each item is added in turn.
Branding is not just a logo or a trademark. It includes many components that work together to form a brand concept. Their management is a part of the brand development strategy. Positioning and using the brand are approaches to branding management. Identity, image, personality, essence or soul, character, and culture are the components of the brand.
- The identity of the brand helps to establish a link between the brand and the client, creating a valuable offer that includes functional and emotional benefits.
- The image of the brand is a key component in the formation of a clear and recognizable brand identity in the market.
- Clear brand standards are important not only for employees creating products but also for suppliers.
- Recommendations for brand use (brand book) help marketers make decisions about the use of brand, for example, how to use a logo, how to talk about a brand, and so on.
How to create a successful brand?
People wear brands, eat brands, listen to brands, they constantly tell others about their favorite brands.
When creating a name, you need to be patient and follow the changes and compare the strategy with the realities of the market. And also you need to constantly improve yourselves.
Brand identity is more than just a logo. This is more than just a guide to style. This is an important distinctive element. Some brands have increased recognition, for example, Apple, LEGO or Levi’s.
The identity of a brand is a “person” that interacts with the whole world. Everything that is created must accurately reflect what the brand wants to say and show. The only sadder than poorly designed brand identification is a beautifully designed brand that is never used or used incorrectly.
The target audience
Starting to create your brand, first of all, you need to determine the target audience.
The basis for developing a turn-key brand is to identify the target audience that you will be targeting. This is important, because the mission of the brand, its strategy and message are adapted to meet specific needs. To do it, you need to find out the detailed behavior and lifestyle of consumers. Then you need to create a corporate identity that the audience can understand and love.
To develop a turnkey brand trusted by the target audience, you need to know what value the company provides. All other aspects of the brand’s life depend on the mission. Nike’s mission is to “serve as a source of inspiration and innovation for athletes around the world.” A footnote to this statement: “If you have a body, you are an athlete.” Think about how wide their target audience is!
Give your customers the right to vote. They need to be encouraged to publish reviews, share their content.
The next stage in the development of the brand is the study of competitors in the industry niche. Do not imitate what major brands do in the industry, but it is important to know what they are doing well, and what they fail. At this stage, you need to study:
- what is the effectiveness or inefficiency of the brand;
- whether the message is consistent with visual identity;
- what is the quality of the goods or services produced?
By differentiating your brand, you will need to work against other brands in your niche. It is worthwhile to find a small difference between your product and the products of competitors to do that.
Focus on the qualities and benefits that make your company unique. Understanding the uniqueness of the offer helps with the promotion of the brand from scratch. It can be a unique service, original packaging or an authentic carpet from Uzbekistan, which you sell. One of the key qualities of the brand’s products is a simple design, and the main advantage is clear usage.
And a few more tips
- It is important to remember that your brand represents you: you are a brand, your staff is a brand, your marketing materials are a brand. What can they say about you and what can you say about it?
- A clear brand strategy helps to focus on the mission and vision of how to organize the process.
- A good brand connects with people on an emotional level, they feel good when they buy a brand. Buying is an emotional experience, and having a strong brand helps people feel good on an emotional level while interacting with the company. The simple truth is that your brand will live much longer if you can get away from a purely rational side and find your way emotionally.
- A strong brand provides value to the business, increases physical assets. Think about what brands you buy: Coca-Cola, Wrangler, Apple. Do these companies really stand for their equipment, products, warehouses or factories? No, these companies are worth much more than their physical assets: their brands have created a value that exceeds the material cost.
- The best branding is built on a strong idea that you and your employees can support. When the organization is clear and constant at the brand level, it will be easier to create brand loyalty.
Mariia Hepalova is a content writer on DesignContest.com. She has written for various online publications and blogs. With an equal passion for both design and marketing, she strives to produce content that is informative yet easy to understand.