How Website Templates Are Better Than Custom Web Design?
Website templates are available in a variety of colour schemes and designs. They offer the best option to save money by offering the best professional website design to people, who cannot afford much money. Besides this, these templates are user-friendly and work very well for affiliate marketing and advertising. Website templates are overtaking the requirement for a custom made website. They are ideal choice for people who want to setup a website which is based around functionality.
Moreover, they save you a lot of time and there is no brainstorming required with a web designer to set up a website for your business. They are usually more affordable than websites which are built from scratch by a professional web designer. All you need to do is just find the best suitable design of your choice and fill it with desired content which best describes the products and services offered by your company.
Here, we will discuss about the major factors which influence the purchase of a web based template over custom website design in Sydney:
- Turnaround time – The crux of setting up a new site is having it up and operating quickly. The main aim of using web based templates is to put the website out and keep enhancing it at regular intervals of time. Before web based templates were introduced, several design firms took ages to put out the first version of their site, but after these templates were introduced, the turnaround time required for creating a new site reduced to a great extent.
- Functionality – Website templates come preloaded with some standard pages such as ‘Home’, ‘About us’, ‘Services’, ‘Contact us’ and other such pages. Whereas there would be some templates which give you add-on features to showcase photo gallery/testimonials, etc. More complex website templates and E-commerce based sites will provide dynamic features namely credit card processing, online ordering, etc. These useful features usually require backend support from your hosting company to carry out their function in a proper way.
- Choice – With the current competition going on in the market, customers can pick and choose from a plethora of packages and designs that best suit their requirements. A custom designed site will provide you with only 2/3 options when it comes to choose from, whereas by surfing online you will be simply spoilt for choice when it comes to website templates.
- Imagine the finished product – With website templates, you can be imagine and be confident about how the end product would look like. You can further customise web template as per your requirements by changing pictures, text and colour so that it ends up looking different from what it original was.
- Add unlimited web content – Content Management System (CMS) platforms namely WordPress and Joomla makes it possible for you to add unlimited content. Even if you don’t have coding knowledge, you can still publish images, videos and articles just with a click of a button. If in case, you decide to build a HTML or Flash based site, then you can add a CMS platform to the static website.
Thus, it can be said that templates are far better in their own aspect when compared to website templates.
Daniel Clark is a professional web designer in the UK. He often writes reviews on website design in Sydney. His passion includes writing interesting blogs and articles on latest web design trends.