Efficient branding is the foundation of business success. It has become more important than ever for a business to develop unique brand image not only to stand out and look distinctive in the industry but also to facilitate customers to products and services related to specific brands.
What is branding?
Branding is the process of creating unique name and impression of a product in the customer’s mind with the help of purposeful advertisements. The primary aim of branding is to establish a significant and distinguished presence in the market to attract and retain customers. It allows vendors to look unique, even they offer standard products like existing service providers in the industry.
To further explain this definition, I am quoting few examples of world famous brands like Nike (Sportswear), Apple (Computers) and McDonald (Fast food). These three brands are not selling unusual products, but their unique selling points made them special in their respective niche.
Why do businesses need a logo?
People often confuse branding with creating a company logo. In contrast to that, a business mark is only an important component of branding strategy, which supports consumers to instantly identify a business as a brand.
Despite being a small graphical sign, it can promote your business after delivering a consistent brand message to the target audience and increase brand awareness. A well-designed motif efficiently defines the face of your brand. In order to enhance the brand awareness and enhance customer association with your sign and brand, the design of a logo should not be complicated. As people find it difficult to memorize complex images and names.
What should be considered while designing a logo?
Creating a logo is more than creating a graphical design displaying your company name. Rather, it is creating a clean, simple and unique design while avoiding unnecessary complexities. Graphical emblems are a critical aspect of marketing. Most often it builds the first visual impression of any business. It develops a company’s brand image after conveying the brand message to target audience. This demands business to consider few important things to design it efficiently.
- It must be an appealing visual, which is capable of attracting not only its customers but everyone watching it.
- Its design should be unique that can be effortlessly differentiated from the rest of the existing design. Moreover, it clearly conveys the company message, to target audience and help business to stand out in the competition.
- The pattern should be timeless so that business can use it for years without making any changes. Always consider unique selling points while designing a graphical motif. Don’t add trendy fonts and design to avoid disappointments in the future.
- Come up with an unforgettable design. Simplicity is the key to creating a design that instills in the customer’s mind. A design can be called memorable when consumers able to picture it flawlessly even with closed eyes. They don’t find it difficult to memorize color, font, and symbol in a design.
- It must look professional to give your business not only a true corporate look but also emphasize on professionalism. You can’t accept success with a non-professional logo. Customers don’t consider brands, which lack corporate tone.
- Design size should be scalable. It can be easily resized from the smallest size on a visiting card to the largest size on a hoarding. Vectors should be easily adjusted without causing any alterations in design.
- Keep your company logo design relevant to your business niche. From choosing color palettes to fonts, graphical shapes and symbols, keep your core business and offering in your mind.
How a company logo boosts up brand image?
A layman uses a logo as an instant reminder of product or company. Businesses use this graphical motif as their identity. It becomes mandatory for every business to create a company mark to promote their products and services on the internet and the web.
A well-crafted emblem helps businesses to drag prospects whereas the carelessly designed can destroy the brand image. Logos can be printed on business cards, brochures, flyers, product packaging and embedded across online platforms like websites, social media profiles, and blogs.
Entrepreneurs are efficiently using this visual manifestation to express company identity and brand image. When a buyer watch this visual every time when purchasing products from specific vendors, they automatically develop a trust with that brand. To create a lasting relationship with clients, a business mark should be able to provide a detailed insight of the product.
A professional logo design is not about creating a good looking visual with a lot of graphics and multiple colors, rather it’s about crafting a colorful and expressive piece of art conveying the right message to its audience. To stand out in the crowd and to notify viewers as soon as they glance at it, it should be designed keeping the minimalist approach.
The simplicity of design can be easily seen in logos of big brands like Apple, Mercedes Benz, Adidas, and Microsoft.
Why is it important to have a unique company logo?
The answer to this question is very simple, it empowers businesses to create brand identity. A suitable graphical sign will help businesses to reach target audience while creating a positive impression in customer’s mind. It also helps prospects to identify products or services a company is offering. Besides this, a nicely thought out design improves customer confidence in company’s products.
How to create a logo relevant to your business?
Apparently, logos seem easy to create. When you look at the mark made up of simple fonts and a few colors, it’s natural to think that you can create it on your own. In contrast to that simple designs only appear simple. In reality, they are purposefully created to cover all aspects of your brand.
In order to create a pattern with desirable features, all you need is to explain your business niche and needs to design expert so they efficiently develop a professional design meeting your needs. Before you write a design brief; you must ensure few important things, which are discussed below.
- The primary aim of creating a logo is to portray company values and goals. You should ensure that these should be decided before starting the search to find a professional designer.
- You are certain about the brand message you want to convey. It is necessary to create a strong association between brand and logo.
- A design must reflect professionalism and growth irrespective of the size and business niche.
- Carefully select an appropriate design, as your customers are using it to recognize your business with this small sign. Design should create the right impression in their mind.