When Time is Thy Enemy: The Advantages of Modern SEO Automation
Search engine optimization, or SEO, is one of the most powerful weapons any marketer or webmaster has to promote a website in search engines. If you want your website to land higher in search engine results pages (SERPs), SEO is viewed as the best tool for naturally boosting your rank. Like many other things in life, SEO automation was developed to help webmasters save time and focus on other business activities.
However, SEO automation quickly became a dirty phrase at one point in time. Search Engine Journal points out that in the pre-Google era of the web, there were applications dedicated to the automation of SEO. The result was often unnatural changes to words, phrases, and semantics on websites. The changes were made based upon definitions of keyword density and meta tags used by the competition
Modern SEO automation is brining natural SEO power to webmasters and marketers, and saving them time and energy in the process. Below, you’ll learn about the benefits of modern SEO automation and find informative tips to help resell SEO and improve automation efforts.
What is Modern SEO Automation?
SEO automation software allows any webmaster or marketer generate quality traffic for their website and landing page without specialized knowledge of SEO. The specific features can vary from one platform to another, but the following are some of the features commonly found on automation software:
- Analyze keyword rankings and those of competitors to identify areas where improvement is required.
- Suggest new keywords closely related to your company, your competition, and your industry.
- Recommend optimization tips for your web page to make it easier for search engines to effectively crawl and index your site.
- Identify inbound link opportunities based upon your targeted keywords and links competitors use.
- Connects search activity to wins, allowing marketers to focus efforts on keywords that drive revenue.
Benefits to SEO Automation
As a webmaster or online marketer, you face enough hurdles during the day without worrying about constant alterations to your SEO strategy. Limited time and resources are just a few of the areas of concern that make manual SEO difficult. Modern SEO automation tools allow your business to move past a singular focus of generating traffic solely from major search engines and their organic listings.
While organic search listings are still vital, SEO automation can help generate traffic in a number of others ways. First and foremost, it saves you time compared to manual SEO strategies. Using automation software allows your company to extract actionable data and guide decisions as quickly as possible. There is only so much time in the day and you cannot afford to waste it on manual processes. That’s assuming you remain focused enough throughout the day to waste all of your time on SEO strategies alone, not to mention your other responsibilities.
Additional benefits of modern SEO automation include, but are not limited to the following points:
- Positive ROI: If you’re like most business owners or marketers, you have numerous campaigns running at the same time, in various marketing channels. Automation makes it easier to track performance metrics across those channels and condense the information into understandable data. You get the info you need quickly and adjust just as fast.
- Efficiently Handle Subscribers: Whether you run a small business or major corporation, the status of your subscribers is critical to performance. It doesn’t matter if these individuals subscribe to a newsletter or return as frequent buyers. Automation makes it easier to better understand the individual visitors to your site. Auto-triggers can alert you to trends in different consumer segments, making it easy to respond quickly to maintain subscriber levels.
- Quick Identification and Problem Solving: There is no time to guess when it comes to SEO. If you guess and you’re wrong, there is far more that can go wrong than will go right. Among the most disastrous outcomes is inaccurate customer data. SEO automation makes it easy to collect relevant data, present it in straightforward terms, and even assist you and your team in making decisions.
As Philamery Digital Insights points out, one of the greatest benefits of SEO automation software is the ability to live in the now, and not in the past. As a manager or business owner, you don’t want to ask for data and receive outdated report and presentations. Automation software makes it easy for you to collect the data you want, when you want it, and presents it to you in digestible terms you’ll be able to act on.
Michael Hearn is a digital marketing consultant. He enjoys sharing his insights and ideas through blogging and posting on digital marketing related websites.