Are you a big fan of film noir, classic silent films, cowboy flicks, or just generally into retro-style looks? What you may not realize is that nowadays it is ever so easy to stylize any of your own videos like an old movie with the help of the Movavi Video Editor. Because the software is so user-friendly, even if you have no prior experience editing videos you’ll be able to pull off a professional-looking effect with no issues whatsoever.
To achieve an ‘old movie’ style of video, all you need to do is:
1. Click ‘Add Media Files’ and select the video that you’d like to edit. If your video is from a DVD or a 3D video just click the ‘Add DVD’ or ‘Add 3D’ options instead.
2. Drag the video from the Media tab to the Timeline.
3. Click on the Effects tab and select the Filters section. When you do you’ll see a number of options including: Old Movie, Sepia, and Grayscale. Within the ‘Old Movie’ option there’ll be other options for ‘70s, Retro, Sepia, and Grayscale’ as well. The difference between the former and the latter versions of Sepia and Grayscale is that the one under the ‘Old Movie’ setting will also include other ambient effects to make it look like an old movie, whereas the normal Sepia and Grayscale options will just transform the coloring.
4. Choose the effect that you prefer.
5. Save the movie using one of the many helpful presets that are available to optimize it based on the platform that you prefer.
It really is that easy to stylize a video like an old movie with the Movavi Video Editor. For more detailed instructions you can check out the ones available here: www.movavi.com/support/how-to/how-to-make-black-white-old-movie-effect.html.
Because the Movavi Video Editor has a whole host of powerful features you may even want to explore some of them and consider adding captions, titles, a music track, and maybe even some other filters and special effects to your video. The sky is the limit and everything is so easily accessible and intuitive that you’ll definitely be able to figure out how to achieve the final effect that you desire.
Go ahead and give it a try yourself to see firsthand how you could transform your video with the power of special effects and filters.