Top 5 Marketing Strategies for Moving Companies in 2021
The marketing landscape has changed over the years, and that change can largely be attributed to the Internet.
We also live in the era of digital and as is the norm with things tech and digital, it only takes a few years for trends that we deem au courant today to become passé.
And so it is with marketing online.
Five years is a long time on the Internet, let alone 10, and marketing strategies that we applied a couple of years back may not be the most savvy to channel our marketing budgets into this year.
Still, there are some variables that remain constant, as you shall notice from some of the points we have discussed below.
It’s the subtleties involved that evolve. So, to ensure you stay on top of the current trends, here are 5 top marketing strategies every interstate and local moving company needs to borrow in 2021.
1. Invest in content marketing
“Content is king” is a phrase you’ve most likely come across at some point over the years, particularly when researching the best ways to attract prospects online. Well, it very much rings true even today.
Content refers to anything to do with your online copy – website copy, blog posts (you do have a blog section that you constantly update, don’t you?), e-books you’re publishing, how-to guides you offer for free as a lead incentive, social media posts, local details displayed on your website, etc.
Content creation is a nonstop undertaking that requires significant investment of time, effort, and money. But you can bet your efforts will be well rewarded in the long-term provided:
- You have done your research well to establish your target audience and where they hang out most (in relation to online platforms)
- You furnish your readers with content that gives them value
- You keep it engaging (don’t always be looking to sell your moving services)
We would recommend doing some research into the topic of content marketing first. It’s a pretty broad subject, and one that keeps evolving.
2. Social media is where it’s at
Social media has evolved from a platform for personal connections to a powerful business tool.
Which means if you’re not on it, you’re already missing out on a lot. And if you are, you need to redesign your social media strategy so that it can work for you. Because truth be told, there is enormous potential here.
You need to come up with a creative strategy that promotes your company while importantly, managing to reveal that “social” aspect of your business. In short, keep things light, but always be professional in your engagements.
3. Focus on mobile
Here’s some food for thought…
- Most Google searches these days are done on mobile devices (60% as of 2020 according to Statista).
Why do we specify Google?
- Well, the search giant commands 95% of the mobile search market (Statista).
- About a third of all Google searches done on mobile are related to location (Blue Corona)
What does this mean?
You need to direct your efforts to mobile platforms. That starts by having a responsive website – that is, a website that renders well on both desktop and mobile screen sizes.
Your website should have good page load speeds to capitalize on the traffic.
As well, do not overlook geo keywords when marketing your moving services considering one in every three mobile searches is geo-related. Examples of geo-keywords include: college moving services NYC or office relocation Miami Dade County.
4. The website is your core business pillar
This should probably have been the first point, seeing as your company website is central to all your online marketing efforts.
A website is a must have for every moving business, no two ways about it., Invest in a good website with:
- Fast load times
- All company information – physical address, contact details, USDOT number, and accreditations
- Quote generators (you can integrate this on every page to make it easy for customers to get moving estimates)
- Click-to-call functionality
- Mobile responsiveness
5. Search marketing will turbo-boost your efforts
We’ve already alluded to the importance of search. Majority of searches happen on search engines, with Google alone accounting for over six billion hits per day.
The importance of search in wooing people looking to move house (or business) therefore cannot be emphasized enough.
Invest in SEO (search engine optimization) to ensure your website ranks favorably on search engine results pages (SERPs). This will put you in good stead to attract the numerous prospects out there.