The strength of metal and weight of feather: dibond sings are here to boost business sign visibility
For new businesses, choosing indoor and outdoor signs can be tricky. Modern technology ensures that each type of signage, for indoor and outdoor purposes, has at least one salient advantage or feature that makes all of them equally useful. There was a time when outdoor signage meant nothing more than glossy print on vinyl that had a lifespan of a few months before the copies started to fade. Thankfully, now we have the option of choosing more than one design type and material for creating signage that can withstand months (and sometimes, years) of sunlight, wind, rains, and snow. UV-resistant ink and moisture resistant substrates make up the larger niche of outdoor signage that businesses love.
How is dibond signage making rebranding easier?
Rebranding has never been any easier thanks to modern dibond signage. Hospitality businesses, retail stores, and customer service oriented companies have been opting for metal finish dibond signs for signage and advertising purposes. Using metal finish signs add a sophisticated touch to your brand that your target customers are unable to ignore. Metal signs are indeed suave, but in the earlier days of marketing and signage, people often stepped away from metal signs and lettering due to their hefty cost and heavyweight. Things have been changing ever since the new era of signage design, and printing began. Modern metal signs do not have to be solid, heavy or costly; dibond has made sure of that.
Dibond printing supports fully digital color options that will let you pick any font, design, color and shape for your sign. They use rigid and durable aluminum composite sheets that hold a solid polyethylene plastic core. The durable double sheet structure sandwich the polyethylene plastic core in the middle. As a result, they have stronger than raw aluminum, but also half the weight. It has a flush surface that provides a superior substrate for digital printing. In fact, dibond technology delivers the smoothest surface in the digital printing industry. Whether you pick traditional looking, metallic finish for your signs or modern matte finish prints, your dibond sing will remain equally visible and effective in your marketing campaign. It is perfect for outdoor applications, although the subtle metallic sheen appeals to a lot of indoor signage shoppers looking for business signs.
Why is dibond printing ideal for outdoor use?
When we say dibond is perfect for outdoor usage, we want to say that dibond printing uses UV-resistant inks and waterproof top coats. Richly saturated images are printable and entirely possible for your outdoor sign without compromising the quality and longevity of the signage. Their long lifespan has made them a hot favorite of indoor businesses that require ambiance lit signage or high visibility signs inside. You have possibly seen the best examples of dibond prints in traffic signs. Have you ever wondered how the STOP sign glows bright white on red at night? Traffic signs and parking signs use reflective dibond technology to make them extra visible even in low light intensities. Therefore, there is no reason to worry about the visibility of your signs inside a low-light area. You can pick one or more reflective colors to keep your brand visible irrespective of signage position.
What are the special add-ons of dibond signage you should know before ordering?
A lot of signage companies pose restrictions on the use of different colors, the insertion of logos and customized images. Speak with your printing company in advance to learn about their charges of dibond printing. Several businesses prefer to stick with a smooth satin brushed metal look for increasing their visibility. Silver, gold and rose gold metallic finishes render a classic look to the brand. If you are bored with the same metallic finish, you can go with matte or grunge looks. These options impart a vintage feel to your brand name. No matter which finishes and print type you choose, your signage is not complete without the edge capping. Deluxe edge capping options always go well with business signs, but you might have other preferences since a good signage printing company traditionally presents the client with several such capping options.
Why should you think about using dibond signs for your establishment?
We have already discussed a few compelling reasons why you should be using dibond signs, but here is a comprehensive look at the factors that should govern your choice –
- You can choose any shape for your sign and cut them to any dimensions. Presence of a reliable high-tech router enables designers to create complex shapes and designs with ease.
- They do not bend or bow. You will not see any creases or folding marks due to the strong core.
- Dibond is the flattest panel in the current market. It is a beautiful printing substrate that preserves complex graphic designs.
- The superior smooth surface and top coat protect the rare prints and color richness.
- Complete signage is half the weight of raw aluminum of the same volume.
- They are ideal for exterior signs and indoor signage alike. They are incredibly weather-resistant.
- Dibond signs do not rot, rust, flake or fade. The metal on both sides is high-quality aluminum that is resistant to corrosion and rusting.
- They have fire-retardant properties. Dibond materials are self-extinguishing, and they add an extra layer of safety to your business premises.
Which is the ideal thickness of a dibond sign?
Digital printing and signage businesses offer a cornucopia of customization options for dibond signs. They come in various thicknesses, shapes, sizes and color variants. Picking the right one for your business is no easy feat. The width of the sign will determine if your signage looks rich and suave or cheap and careless. As you must already know, over 75% of your target buyers judge you by the signage you use. Therefore, picking one off the shelf is not going to do justice to a business you have built from the ground up over the years. Your business needs something that is customized, special and classy.
- Medium thickness –There are two common thicknesses of commercial dibond signs. The medium thickness is about 1/8th of an inch. The medium thickness dibond design is ideal for small businesses and indoor placements. It is a strong substrate that is incredibly lightweight. You must have seen them on real-estate advertisements on walls and business advertisements on boundaries. Signs as large as 18-inches by 24-inches often do well on a 1/8th-inch substrate due to its high endurance.
- High thickness – The best signage material option for dibond is the 1/4th-inch substrate. The thicker panels are more rigid and slightly heavier than the 1/8th-inch ones. Warning signs, traffic signs, notices, permanent retail signs, parking lot signs and archival framing use the sturdier quarter inch thickness material. Since the material can withstand high wind resistance, heat, and moisture, this thicker variant is perfect for outdoor signs.
Pricing is not the best way to pick the thickness your signage needs. If you are opting for an outdoor sign that will endure a lot of sunlight, heat, and wetness, you might want to speak with an expert about your choice of ink and thickness of the material. Irrespective of the substrate thickness, you can opt for UV-resistant and weather-resistant ink that can withstand the tides of time.
What are the dibond signs installation options?
You can choose to inform your signage printing company about your installation needs. A traditional dibond sign goes on the exterior of a storefront or business establishment. You can install them on the walls or hang them from frames. No matter which kind of installation process you pick, you will need holes into your customized dibond sign for installing it. It is best not to do it on your own and ask the signage company for help. Since a dibond substrate has several layers, it is often difficult to poke holes while preserving all of them and not harming the print.
The in-house tech of most signage companies has the necessary skill and tools for making clean holes for installation. In case, you are not a huge fan of DIY. You can ask the signage team for help once again. An excellent digital printing and signage company understands the importance of complete execution that also includes signage setup.
You can choose between ropes, strings or bungees to secure the sign from the ceiling. Since the boards are light, the chances of accidents happening during and after the installation are very less. You will also need nuts, bolts, and screws to complete the process in case you are using customized stands.
It is normal to be confused about the method of installation for your signage. Since, there are so many print types, color options, and finish variants, each combination is bound to open new set-up possibilities. Adding holes is a minute’s job thanks to CNC routers, but once complete, removing them will not be an option. Therefore, speak with your signage and advertising expert before you can order mounting specifics to the signage team.