Silly SEO Mistakes You Need To Rectify Now (Infographic)
Search engine optimization can be a challenge for those who are unaware of the latest trends and updates. It is an evolving technique, and if businesses want an edge over their competitors, then they need to make an effort to learn about the best SEO tactics and implement it on their website. Likewise, they also need to do away with redundant SEO techniques that are hurting their site’s traffic and ranking. Thus, here are a few SEO mistakes that businesses need to rectify now!
- Broken Links: One of the reasons for a higher bounce rate on your website is broken links. When a visitor clicks on a link and lands on a 404 error page, more often than not, he/she will immediately exit the site. Broken links also prevent search engine robots from indexing your website accurately. Thus, this is one SEO mistake that you need to find and fix post-haste.
- Slow Website Speed: A sluggish website speed and download time can be quite frustrating for users. It can increase the bounce rate exponentially. As such, improving site speed is another important task for a successful SEO campaign. Also, Google loves faster websites as it enhances the user experience. This, in turn, could help increase your site’s ranking in the search result.
- No Social Media Profiles: Having a social media profile across all relevant social networking platforms is important to improve brand awareness. Lack of social media profile for your business could lead to a loss of potential customers. Therefore, make sure that you rectify this error. This will help boosts your SEO activity.
- Lack of consistent Content Posting: Just like quality content is important for SEO. Likewise, having a content posting schedule is also essential. Users and search engines both like it when you post new content on your site on a frequent basis. As such, post content consistently if you want to improve customer engagement, and to drive traffic to your site.
- Clutter Above the Fold: When a user clicks on a link and lands on a page, he is expecting to get the required information instantly. If you fail to provide this from the get-go, he’ll simply leave your site and move on to another. Hence, always make sure that the above the fold section of your website is clutter free and offers relevant information. This will help reduce bounce rate considerably.
From low click-through-rate and high bounce rate, to decrease in ranking and poor user experience if SEO mistakes are not rectified, then it could hurt your site’s ROI. Thus, here is an infographic that highlights the top SEO mistakes to rectify. So, take a look and get started with it right away.
25+ Common SEO Mistakes That Are Killing Your Website [Infographic] by the team at HostingClues.