How AI benefits the healthcare industry
Artificial intelligence is the simulation of human intelligence processes by machines like computer systems which include learning, reasoning, and self-correction. Its implementation has grown in the last couple of years.
Machine learning is an application of artificial intelligence (AI) which enables systems to automatically learn and improve from experience without being programmed explicitly. Many industries like healthcare sectors are constantly adopting AI to improve patient care and develop process effectiveness, with the help of various machine learning algorithms, and software to approximate human cognition in the study of complex pharmaceutical data. These algorithms can identify patterns in performance and design its own logic to reduce the error margin and artificial intelligence algorithms need to be examined frequently.
While we implement the latest technologies in our daily practices, there are a few things that might go wrong. This can be due to human error or poor knowledge of that particular technology. Artificial intelligence is one such technology that can benefit healthcare providers with its accuracy. The role that technology and automation play in healthcare is already immense. From digitalized medical records to booking appointments and finding the nearest healthcare centers, the technology is now in the hand tips. As the usage of technology has increased, all the above activities can be performed within minutes of time on their phones or computers.
Benefits of Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare:
- Cost Reduction: AI assistants implement online care & assist patients to add their data regularly via online pharmaceutical records which reduces cost and saves time as the patient can get the doctor support without visiting the hospital.
- Laboratory information systems:AI-expert systems like Germwatcher have been developed which are capable of identifying, tracking and studying infections in patients.
- Fast & Accurate diagnostics: The diagnosis ofdiseases like eye problems, malignant melanoma, etc has become fast and accurate with AI-based diagnostic systems.
- Robotic surgical systems:Robotic technology used in surgeries like the da Vinci robotic operational method, with robotic arms, definite action, and magnetized vision, allows doctors to perform surgery with precise accuracy which wouldn’t be possible with an entirely hand-operated approach.
- Virtual Presence: Using a remote behavior robot, doctors can deal with their staff & patients in hospitals & clear their queries.
- Therapy:The social stress programs like AI-Therapy can relieve people suffering from stress and depression effectively.
- Reduce Human errors: AI could be the best assistant as it would monitor the whole procedure and greatly decrease stressful situations.
- Decision support systems:Support systems like DXplain provide a list of reasonable examinations when provided with a set of symptoms.
Applications of AI in healthcare:
- Handling medical records and other data: Robots assemble data, store, trace and re-format data to provide quicker and uniform access. With the help of these robots, handling data like medical records has become easier.
- Digital Consultation: Users describe their symptoms, which works on speech identification to connect upon a database of diseases. Apps like Babylon then allows a prescribed action, considering into account the user’s past.
- Executing Repetitive Jobs: Examining CT scans, X-Rays, tests, data insertion, and other duties can be done quicker and more precisely by robots. Radiology and Cardiology are two significant methods where the quantity of data examining is time-consuming. In forthcoming cardiologists & radiologists should study the most complex cases wherever human guidance is useful.
- Treatment Design: AI systems have been designed to examine data and addresses from a patient’s record. External analysis and clinical knowledge are to help the patient by choosing the accurate and exclusively customized operation path.
- Virtual Nurses: Here the program utilizes machine learning to assist patients, specializing in lifelong diseases and helps people monitor their health and follow up with the approach, between doctors visit.
- Medicine Creation: Advancing pharmaceuticals through clinical actions is time-consuming and require billions of dollars. AI can change the world by making this process quicker and reasonable. A program powered by AI can be used to examine existing drugs that can be redesigned to fight a virus like Ebola in a day.
- Prescription Management: For managing prescriptions, apps like AiCure advise the usage by a patient. A smartphone’s webcam is partnered with AI to autonomously verify that patients are taking their medicines and help them to control their health. People with serious medical situations, patients who manage to go against doctor consultation, participants in clinical action.
- Precision Drug: With the guidance of AI, scanning of the body can spot the tumor and vascular disorders early and foretell the health problems people might match based on heredity, from the information in DNA genetics and genomics look for mutations and links to condition.
- Healthcare System Analysis: AI goes into the data to highlight errors in operations, workflow inabilities and helps in the field of healthcare systems in order to avoid needless patient hospitalizations.
- Health Monitoring: Wearable fitness trackers like Fitbit, Apple monitors activity level and the heart rate of a person and give warnings to get more exercise and share issues with AI systems or doctors for the supplementary data details on the requirements and practices of patients.
Hence AI is playing an important role in transportation, advertising and health industry and making work easier and effective in every aspect. As of now, only a few benefits are known to us. With the growth of Artificial Intelligence, many new discoveries in science and medicine are likely to be seen. Though there are some difficulties that need to be addressed, the benefits this technology has in the healthcare industry outweighs them. AI will change the world of medicine and health in terms of diagnosis, treatment and many more.
Jane Thomson is a Content Marketing Manager at GreyCampus with five years rich experience on developing content for professional certification courses like ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library), AIML, Six Sigma, Prince2, AWS and Microsoft Azure.