5 Strategic SEO Tips from the Experts to Get Massive Traffic
In the modern landscape of the internet, you have to be aware of all the latest tips and tricks of SEO right? If you are not up to date, then that is no problem.
SEO basically means optimizing your content in such a way that it ranks often in search results. If you fail with SEO, then your content might as well be invisible. Getting it right is the tough part, however. There are several guides on the internet that tell you smart SEO strategies, but what it boils down to is the right application. Trial and error and getting things right will lead to more conversions, leads, and sales.
The problem is that in the world of SEO rankings, there is no constant. Be it analytics, updates, keyword strategy, everything is changing continuously. This means that what worked yesterday might not be viable today. This is why we recruited the help of 5 SEO experts off of the internet, who will tell you everything about using the best SEO strategies that can be used in order to get massive traffic.
So, are you prepared to make your brand a modern one with effective strategies? Then, let us get into it.
1. Enhance your Posts by Andy Crestodina
The best strategy that you can use to make your content stand out more is to rewrite the posts that are already ranking high in your analytics. They may be a few or lots of them. You can check them out in the Analytics section: Acquisition > Search Console > Queries report. Filter out the top 10 posts, and you have your best posts.
Now, what you want to do is give them an overhaul. Let us suppose you wrote a piece about “The best way to Hire PHP developers in 2018”, or “8 WordPress themes that are aesthetic goals”. You can take these articles and enrich their content by adding statistics or incorporating a neat little infographic at the bottom or insert a relevant video, etc. Basically, you need to improve the article.
The best way to make this tactic effective is by following the steps given below:
- Check the rankings of a page.
- Make relevant changes in the content.
- If you have the same niche going on in different sub-topics, then make sure you add value to the sub-topics as well as these pages are found in “related searches” at the bottom of the page.
Andy, co-founder and CMO Orbit Media, is a critically acclaimed content marketing evangelist.
2. Tap the Potential of Video by Shilpa Shah
Perhaps one of the best SEO tips you can use is focusing on quality over quantity. If you have a large collection of indexed pages, it does not necessarily mean that the site will gain much organic traffic. Posts with low word count and superficial content: Begone!
Focus on meaningful content that is truly engaging and makes visitors want to read till the very end. Because it is the content, no matter what its type is, that gets you traffic.
The factor of video cannot be underestimated. Videos are engaging, which means they are technically very effective for SEO purposes. There are chances that a user might stay for a 1-minute video rather than engage with your 10-minute article.
Shilpa is the co-founder of Hummingbird Web Solutions which owns popular WP theme store CyberChimps.com, WordPress plugin store WPeka.com, and a popular WP slider plugin SlideDeck.com
3. Adding value by contributing usefulness by Ian Cleary
Brand mentions are important. We are constantly working for outreach and brand mentions. When we get a brand mention that does not link to us, we usually reach out to them to get a link. Growing links is important for brands because it creates an online network and helps in gaining organic traffic.
Besides link building, there are other things you can do to gain traffic. You can create free e-books giving off information, or a piece of software that provides significant value to your customers for free. When you do a 301 redirect from that site, you can generate some serious links. We also do a lot of outreach in order to promote such tools.
Ian Cleary is the owner of Razor Social, a digital agency that has a popular tech blog. OutreachPlus is also one of his start-ups, which is an email marketing outreach tool.
4. Optimize, Amplify, Distribute by Heidi Cohen
In order to maximize your 2018 SEO results, marketers will move away from the “once is enough” content. You need to tap into the 3C’s of content development: Conditions, Creation, and Circulation in order to make your content stand out and build a whole community around it.
The content that you create should be based on the conditions of your own business, you need to ask yourself questions regarding the type of goals your business aims to achieve, the needs of your target market, and the context of the content that you are writing, in order to achieve your SEO goals in 2018. Stay with the strategy. If you feel that your content is not getting the traction that you initially intended, try some tweaks into it. By tweaks, I mean change the strategy to focus more towards your goals and the audiences.
You can support your 2018 objective with these three content types:
- Develop New Content: I am assuming you are a conscientious individual; you will always manage to find content gaps and need for more keywords. You can create new content or follow-up content to such posts to meet business needs.
- Transform new content: If you are not much into writing, you can always switch towards other mediums like images, video, and audio relative to your content. For example, if you are writing about the contingency strategies in the event of the removal of organic search traffic, you can mix up the article with a video, or better yet, a short article followed by a podcast.
- Recommended Resource: The sky is the limit when it comes to backlinks. Do not let Google stop you from using social media as backlinks. They might work out.
Heidi Cohen is the Chief Content Specialist at Actionable Marketing Guide, an agency focused on social media and mobile marketing.
5. Maximize User Engagement by Max DesMarais
Users are your lifeblood. Whether you are updating an existing post or creating a totally newer one, the page should be designed in such a way that it brings readers to you, maximizing engagement in the process.
Here is what you should do:
- Make it easy to read: Content utilizes a lot of whitespaces, use that to your advantage. Use short paragraphs, headings, and relevant images to make the page easily absorbable, increasing the time of users on the page.
- Relevant links on the page: Internal linking is the answer to your question. Through internal linking, you are making sure readers stay on your site. The links can be either question, single paragraphs that are written to redirect you, or whatever. The aim is to get users further in your site.
- LSI: You can use LSI keywords with the aim of answering additional questions that your users might think about after reading the content or viewing it. Simply offering the content that a user searches for is no longer enough. Pages need to supply additional information that a user might find useful. This process also prompts the search engine to realize that this question is not only answering a search query but is also providing additional value that other forms of content might not provide.
- Engaging Visuals: This includes images, infographics, and video content. This will retain the attention of the reader.
Max DesMarais works at Vital, a Digital Marketing and PPC agency that focuses on PPC management services.
With all of this said and done, the best thing you can do at this moment is to put all or some of these tips into practice. With SEO and content, you can never learn just by reading articles, you need to apply to get the results. With this article, hopefully, you will have a clear picture regarding the modern waves guiding the helm of SEO. So, break away from the old practices and change the direction of your search engine optimization strategies.