The Top 5 E-Commerce Website Development Technologies
The e-commerce technology has come to a long way since ARPNET was used to arrange a cannabis sale between students at the Stanford Artificial Intelligence Laboratory and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1971 or 72. Businesses were applying makeshift approaches to enable the online selling of goods.
But now things have completely changed. If you wish to launch your e-commerce website today, you can do it. E-commerce technologies are readily available. You just do not need to start from scratch. No doubt, the e-commerce website development has turned ultra convenient. You do not have to wait for several weeks to months to get you site designed by developers.
Apart from this, these new-gen web e-commerce technologies come fully mobile-optimized. It means that developers also need not to do additional work to make their website responsive.
In this post, we will explore top 5 e-commerce website development technologies in the market. Let’s begin it.
WooCommerce holds nearly 30% of the market share whereas it’s not a standalone technology. WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin, which can be in installed in a supported WordPress site to add e-commerce capabilities to it.
Small businesses already holding a WordPress based website can install this plugin to make their website capable of showing products in e-commerce format, adding cart, payment gateway and checking out feature.
WooCommerce allows a WordPress website owner to launch an e-commerce store just in a day two.
Top benefits of using WooCommerce
- It’s free and comes with a wide range of extensions and features
- If you are already handling the WordPress CMS, you can easily use WooCommerce.
- It is supported by a variety of themes and plugins allowing customizations for various requirements.
- It’s fully scalable which means you can adopt enhancement and growths that every company aims to achieve.
- You can use any payment gateway you like as the plugin supports all of them
Magento is the second largest e-commerce technology available in the market. Based on PHP, Magento is a content management system like WordPress but designed for only e-commerce websites.
Almost one-fourth of the total e-commerce websites in the world is powered by Magento. Brands like Burger King, Huawei, Pepe Jeans and Liverpool F.C. are already using Magento based e-commerce stores to sell online.
Also, several companies previously using OpenCart, osCommerce, VirtualMart, PrestaShop, ZentCard, and UberCard have also migrated to Magento.
Here are the top advantages of using Magento
- Many small-medium e-commerce stores are using the free version of Magento also known as Magento Open source. Features provided by this version are good enough for small-medium stores.
- Magento comes in three versions: Magento Open Source, Magento Commerce, and Magento Commerce (On-Premises). Magneto Open Source is one of the widely adopted versions.
- Magento has been an SEO friendly CMS system since the beginning. It provides excellent support for the category optimization, product optimization, template’s headings optimization, as well as in canonical URLs and XML sitemaps.
- Magento developers love themes and the minimum need of customization.
- You can use a single Magento CMS to launch multiple Magento stores. This is the best feature of a business which is struggling with handling several stores and their admins. With Magento, they can do it from a single admin.
- Magento comes with some excellent tools like flexible, coupons, private sales, multi-tier pricing, and landing pages tools etc, which make marketing and promotion easier.
- Scalable: Even if you had a moderate start with your Magento store, the technology is capable enough to keep you up when you grow and want to compete with big brands.
- Magento Commerce version comes with an excellent mobile support. It works smoothly across devices, such as smartphones, tablets and notebook.
With nearly 10 percent of market share, Shopify is another largest e-commerce platform used by thousands of e-commerce website owners all over the world. With an easy setup and handy dashboard, website admins can rapidly add products to their websites and even customize their look and feel. Shopify lets you easily important product form your previous websites to the Shopify-powered website.
Here are some top advantages of using Shopify
- It’s easy to set up a Shopify store in comparison of other platforms. It comes with a cleaner and complete admin. Shopify provides the complete documentation and video tutorials that help users easily set a Shopify e-commerce website.
- Basic Shopify stores can easily be launched without any support of a technical team or developers. Shopify provides all required software and hosting services that make it easier for shop owners do everything on their own.
- Shopify is a fully secure and reliable e-commerce platform. It’s a hosted solution and so its security is ensured by the service provider itself. The company maintains and keeps things updated on its own.
- Shopify provides an excellent customers support. You can contact the company 24 hours a day, 24 days in a week.
- Shopify is a mobile-ready platform, which means you do not need to worry whether your online store website will perfectly open on mobile devices or not.
- Shopify has powerful search engine optimization features that help webmaster easily optimize a website to rank higher in search engine results.
- Shopify comes with tons of integrated payment gateways along with its own payment gateway powered by Stripe, which does not charge any transaction fee.
OpenCart is a realistic and simple open source content management system for E-commerce supported by brilliant developers. Its features include several plugins with a simple back-end. Editing CSS can be done within the admin. But the support system of OpenCart is not quite intuitive in comparison to other platforms.
Some top benefit of using Shopify
- The basic cost is pretty much affordable
- It comes with several solid features and a large catalog functionality which are quite helpful in order processing.
- An average person should not have any issue with setting up OpenCart.
Last in our list is PrestaShop which keeps capturing the attention of developers because of ease of use and beautiful interface. Also, you don’t need to have much experience to install plugins. It’s recommended for beginners who want an easy start of their store.
- It comes with a user-friendly interface and effortless inventory management that anyone could understand and use.
- It provides a beautiful interface to set up establishing diverse websites which also have support for multiple languages and currencies.
- It’s pretty lightweight which means a site cannot slow down with its increasing size
Author Bio: Sofia Coppol is a digital marketing expert in Rapidsoft Technologies which is a leading IT consulting company providing full range it services including, IoT app development, Blockchain development, and big data app development solutions.