Which is Better SEO or Paid Search Advertizing?
Creating your website is the stepping stone towards promoting your business online. After the site is designed and completed with the kind of information it should contain, the site becomes actually ready for the promotion of your business. The major procedures of promoting the business can be paid or unpaid. The main aim is to make the site visible to as much searchers as possible and bring the maximum number of visitors to the site through different methods of search marketing.
Organic SEO or the unpaid format of search engine optimization is specially designed to bring the site on top positions of the search engines and increase traffic to the site without paying much for the purpose. This is called the organic method of optimizing where promotion depends largely on the content marketing procedures, in which relevant content, links, words take control of the entire process. In this method the complete process is free.
The SEM procedure or paid search advertizingis simply buying a place on the search engine for pay-per-click (PPC) or cost-per-click (CPC). The paid procedure of SEM or Search Engine Marketing offers you the opportunity to opt out of the entire promotion procedure whenever you feel like. The purpose of both the procedures remains the same. They ultimately try to increase traffic towards the website, in many cases through different methods. Before you select one of the two for promoting the business site of yours have a close look to know about the pros and cons of both of the processes.
First have a look at the best features of SEO.
- It seems most of the businesses including those with lower budget for their online marketing procedures choose this organic method of search engine optimization. A study on ‘Search Engine User Attributes’ has shown that users usually click on the organic links shunning the paid ones. This shows that more users trust the organizations relying on organic format of SEO.
- The complete process of this promotional effort is free. Most of the small businesses rely on the unpaid procedure of SEO because, that saves money. After all paid version of optimizing is becoming expensive day by day. If done properly, the search engine optimizationprocedure can yield result in a small budget.
- Unpaid attempt of search marketing propagates superior quality of content and overall information in the site.
There are certain reasons why SEM procedures are also on demand these days.
- A research on the behavior of the search market shows that 64.6% of the searchers click the Google ads when they plan to buy a product online. No matter how large the group of visitors that organic links bring, it is paid promotion that brings leads and potential customers. SEM or paid search advertizing targets a particular group of visitors and no amount of payment is required if the ad is not clicked.
- Paid search is a very easily quantifiable method for understanding exactly how many people are visiting the site.
Both the methods to promote your business are quite helpful in their own probable methods. That is why both the methods have got accepted in the world of search market along with their share of pros and cons.
Author’s Bio: Danosh is an expert in search marketing and has worked on the procedures of paid search advertizingand search engine optimization. He loves sharing his knowledge about digital marketing.